Hardly anything is more delightful than a dog rolling happily on a spring-like meadow. Spring is the perfect time for long and beautiful walks. Many dogs also love to swim in a lake or pond when the weather is warmer. After a long winter, it’s also skin care time – especially if your dog doesn’t fit in the bathtub.
Here are a few tips to enjoy a happy healthy spring with your dog. Read about the change of coat, ticks at your dog, spring tiredness, poisonous plants and much more:
1Springtime is Also Fur Change T
In spring and autumn dogs usually begin to change their coat, which normally lasts six to seven weeks. In spring dogs have more hair because their winter coat is denser. Especially during the change of
2Attention: Ticks Are Active Again
When temperatures rise, ticks become active again. The parasites prefer to live in humid and shady places, meadows, near waters and in the undergrowth of forests. As they can transmit serious pathogens, dog owners should protect themselves and their animals. For dogs, antiparasitic agents are available from any veterinarian. It is helpful to search the dog thoroughly after every walk. If the dog has a tick, it should be completely removed as quickly as possible with a tick forceps by turning it slightly.
3Get Rid of the Winter Fat and Get Ready for the Spring Figure
Winter pounds are not uncommon in dogs. Lack of exercise combined with excessive energy intake, too many rewards in between and ignorance of the right amount of food the dog needs are reasons for being overweight. But the consequences of obesity should not be underestimated. Overweight dogs have an increased risk of cardiovascular and joint problems, life expectancy decreases and they are more likely to develop tumors or diabetes mellitus. In order to lose weight healthily, they need, among other things,
4Dogs also Suffer from Springtime Fatigue
Springtime Fatigue is caused by the sleep-promoting hormone melatonin, whose concentration in the body is particularly high in winter. In spring the hormone release is reduced and the sun’s rays increase the production of the happiness hormone serotonin. In this phase, the spring tiredness makes dogs, as well as humans, bother. Extensive walks that stimulate the circulation and metabolism help against this.
If you have a philanderer, make sure that he doesn’t bother bitches excessively and/or cause quarrels with other males. Because the spring sun also boosts your dog’s hormones.
6Beware of Poisonous Plants in the G
Many people have early bloomers such as daffodils, lilies of the valley and tulips in their gardens without realizing that they can be poisonous to animals. Hyacinths, rhododendrons, ivy, larkspur
7Please be R
espectful: Springtime is Breeding and Settling Time
When spring begins, the breeding season of many birds also begins. Therefore, dog owners should pay special attention to all green areas, meadows, and fields. Violations can be punished with fines. It is best to check with your city to find out which regulations apply during this period.
8Springtime is Seasonal Allergy Time
Seasonal allergies also occur frequently in dogs. They can be seen in itching, nibbling and biting on the paws and body, skin rashes and pustules, conjunctivitis and swelling of the mucous membranes of the respiratory tract, which in the worst case can lead to shortness of breath.
If an allergy is suspected in dogs, owners should have a blood test or skin examination carried out by their veterinarian. It is helpful to wipe the dog with a damp cloth after the walk and to keep an allergy diary during the allergy season.
9Beware of I
When there are more insects on the road in spring, dog owners should not let their dog out of their sight if he catches insects. Since insect bites in the pharynx can cause life-threatening swelling of the airways, dog owners should prevent their dog from catching insects from the outset.
If a dog should be stung, the sting should be cooled with a cloth with pleasantly cool water. If the affected animal suffers from shortness of breath or if the sting swells very strongly, a veterinarian must be consulted immediately.
If you want to prevent flea infestation, ask for tablets containing Lufenuron.
11Caution with Herbicides and F
What is good for our lawn and plants is not suitable for the dog. If dogs take in mineral fertilizers and pesticides in larger quantities, this can be fatal in the worst case. Therefore, fertilizers and Herbicides should be kept out of the reach of dogs and dogs should not enter
12The Physical Condition Should be Built up Slowly
If your dog has moved less in winter, don’t overexert him now. Running on a bicycle is not optimal for most breeds.
13Starting the Swimming Season
Many dogs love the water and may take a bath in spring again. But there is a lot to consider. Especially dogs with joint problems should not stay too long in the water, as their symptoms can worsen with hypothermia. In addition, dog owners should never throw sticks into the water, as this can cause injuries to the tongue and throat when picking up the stick.
Also throwing balls can lead to friction around the prey if there are several dogs nearby. In order not to disturb birds in their breeding season, dog owners should also be careful here.
14Lifejacket for the O
If you have a “permanent swimmer”, put a lifejacket on him. Some dogs don’t know when to stop.
Spring Dog Toys – Best Dog Toys For Outdoor Fun
Chuckit! Paraflight Dog Toy
- AERODYNAMIC SHAPE: Ideal for high-flying games of fetch, this Chuckit! frisbee for dogs is aerodynamically designed for long-distance flight
- FLOATS IN WATER: Lightweight, buoyant material of this floating dog frisbee allows engaging playtime on land or water
- DURABLE DESIGN: For long-lasting, outdoor use, the Chuckit! dog frisbee features a durable, multilayer nylon construction
- BRIGHT COLORS: Pets and pet parents can easily spot the brightly colored Chuckit! frisbee in tall grass
- COMFORTABLE PICK-UP: Soft frisbee is designed with raised sides and a smooth rubber edge that is easy to pick up and comfortable on pets’ mouths
- GLOW VERSION AVAILABLE: For fetch after dark, the Chuckit! Max Glow Paraflight frisbee charges under a bright light for as little as 5 minutes for 20 minutes of illuminated play
- 2 SIZES AVAILABLE: A wide range of dogs can enjoy fetching with the Chuckit! Paraflight Flyer offered in small and large sizes
ChuckIt! Amphibious Bumper Floating Fetch Toy
- BUOYANT DESIGN: Designed with lightweight memory foam, the bumper dog toy floats for fetching fun at the pool or the beach, making them excellent water toys for dogs
- HIGH-VISIBILITY COLORS: Pets and pet parents can easily spot the brightly colored Amphibious Bumper during outdoor play
- KNOTTED GRIP: To easily direct throws during fetch, the bumper rope handle is knotted for a secure grip
- EASY TO CLEAN: Nylon and rubber exterior of the Chuckit! bumper resists mess and allows pet parents to easily wash off dirt or slobber
- SOFT YET DURABLE: Durable construction combines nylon, rubber, and memory foam for long-lasting dog bumper use while remaining soft on dogs’ mouths for comfortable carrying
- 2 SIZES AVAILABLE: A wide range of dogs can enjoy fetching with the Chuckit! bumper dog toy, offered in small and medium sizes
Chuckit! Dog Ball Launcher
- THROW FARTHER AND FASTER: Elevate fetch with your dog with the Chuckit! dog ball launcher, increasing the range and speed of your throw and exercising your dog in a fraction of the time
- LIGHTWEIGHT AND PORTABLE: Chuckit!’s ball launcher for dogs measures 26 inches long, making it easy to place in the trunk or backseat when you and your dog are on the move
- HANDS STAY CLEAN: Launcher firmly grasps dog balls covered in mud and slobber for convenient pick-up without the mess; Chuckit! launchers and balls are tough dog toys designed for outdoor use
- INCLUDES ONE CHUCKIT! TENNIS BALL: Chuckit! balls for dogs are brightly colored and easy to spot in tall grass; this Chuckit! tennis ball launcher is also compatible with standard-size tennis balls
- CONVENIENT PICK-UP: Chuckit! Launcher’s cupped end allows pet parents to collect balls easily without bending over
- COMFORT AND CONTROL: Chuckit! the launcher’s soft, ergonomic handle makes it easy to direct the path of the ball somewhere your dog can always retrieve it
- PLAYTIME AT THE POOL: Chuckit’s dog fetch toys are ideal for playtime at the pool or the beach; the Chuckit! Tennis Ball floats for long-distance throws by the water
HDP Kong Extreme Dog pet Toy Dental chew
The KONG Extreme dog toy represents the most durable strength of KONG rubber. Designed for the toughest of chewers, the KONG Extreme offers enrichment and helps satisfy dogs’ instinctual needs. The KONG unique, ultra-durable, all-natural rubber formula is designed for determined chewers, while the erratic bounce fulfills a dog’s need to play. Want to extend play time? Be sure to stuff with tempting bits of kibble and entice with a dash of peanut butter. Add to the fun by adding KONG Snacks and top with KONG Easy Treat. Stuff and Freeze for a longer-lasting challenge.